Friday, March 29, 2013

Chorizo and Soft-Boiled Egg breakfast

The Single Serving
    I have become a real big fan of chorizo in the past few months (as you can see, many of the past recipes have it as an ingredient). I used real pork chorizo this time, as opposed to last time I used turkey chorizo (Lentil-Kale-Chorizo-Winter Stew). There wasn't enough of the flavor I was looking for with the turkey option, and I found that using the real deal this time made a world of difference. I got this recipe originally from the BBC but I hate green beans, and the original called for that.  Feel free to spice up this with another crisp green, but I couldn't think of another vegetable. Also, I am trying to cut out unnecessary carbs, so the baby potatoes were out. This recipe was designed to be much fancier but alas, I am not trying to impress anyone with anything besides taste.

Confession- the first time I tried to make this, my egg exploded. Turns out I didn't know how to boil an egg (please don't judge me too hard). So I called my Nana, and she told me what to do. Worked like a charm. 
Three ingredients- that's it!
Poke a hole in the egg so it doesn't explode
Slice the chorizo
Fry the chorizo
Boil the egg correctly
Both sides fried
Run egg under cold water so it stops cooking
Perfect little brunch for one!
mmmmm soft-boiled eggs, meat, and coffee
Chorizo and Soft-Boiled Egg  Recipe:
     Ingredients-
     1 egg
     half a link of chorizo
     drop of white vinegar
  
     How To-
Boil the egg-  Poke a hole with a needle into the top of the egg. Using only cold water, start boiling the water. Place the egg in the pot and add a drop of vinegar (helps with the egg not exploding). When the water starts boiling, for a soft-boiled egg (as shown), start the timer for 5 minutes. Remove egg when timer goes off and place under cool water so it doesn't keep cooking.

While the egg is boiling, slice up the chorizo and place the links in a frying pan on medium heat. About a minute or two on each side will give it a nice fried flavor. When both are done, shell the egg by gently rolling it on a hard surface and peeling. Slice up and place with chorizo. Serve with a steaming cup of joe!

Enjoy!

Thoughts:
I think these two ingredients stood on their own without the original green beans and baby potatoes. It was filling and tasty and perfect on a Sunday morning. 

1 comment:

  1. It is perfect time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to
    be happy. I have learn this post and if I may just I desire to recommend
    you few fascinating issues or tips. Maybe you can write subsequent
    articles relating to this article. I wish to read
    even more things approximately it!

    My web site Www.gratis-link.nl

    ReplyDelete